What you are essentially willing to lose on your account when actively placing a trade.
BeginnerEarly Stages for Beginners8 Topics
Forex Terminology11 Topics
- Major and Minor Currency Pairs
- Basic Forex Terminology
- Pips & Ticks
- The Broker & The Spread
- What is a Lot?
- Stop Loss & Take Profit
- Margin & Leverage
- Retracement & Reversal
- When Can I Trade Forex? Sessions - Market Open and Close
- 3 Types of Analysis (Technical, Fundamental, Sentiment)
- 3 Ways a Market Can Go (Up, Down, Sideways)
Margin & Leverage2 Topics
Personal Psychology Questions2 Topics
Psychology for Beginners7 Topics
IntermediateIdentifying Scams2 Topics
Brokers for Beginners5 Topics
Technical Analysis13 Topics
- Types of Charts
- Understanding Japanese Candlesticks
- Candlestick Patterns For Beginners
- Single, Double & Triple Candlestick Patterns
- Support and Resistance
- Confluences w/ Candlesticks & Support & Resistance
- Counter Trend Trading/ Counter Trend Lines
- Moving Average
- Top-Down Analysis
- Consolidation Trading (Breakout, Retest, Continuation)
Market Structure5 Topics
CompletionRisk Management for Beginners8 Topics
Fundamental Analysis9 Topics
AdvancedUsing Indicators6 Topics
Technical Analysis (Part 2)8 Topics
How Much Money Do I Need to Start Trading?
How much you want to invest into your account is completely dependent on your financial situation and what you’re willing to risk. Before you start to think about the return, remember that it is common for first time traders to blow their account no matter the amount initially invested due to the psychological aspect.
I’m not saying that to discourage you from investing what you want, but demo trading is nothing like trading your own capital. In a demo account with a balance of $10k, you feel nothing when you’re in drawdown for -$2k. You may not be able to handle that psychologically with your own money.
Be comfortable with your investment and keep in mind the risk before focusing solely on the return. There are traders who start with as little as $20, $50, $100 and traders who start with $2,000, $5,000, and $10,000. Only you can decide how much to invest, but there really isn’t a minimum or maximum amount.